Lost Password

Alleged Lyari gangsters taken into custody


The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Sindh police claimed to have arrested Mairaj alias Choto, a key terrorist of the Lyari gang war, during a raid in Old Golimar area.
A CTD spokesperson claimed in a statement that the arrested suspect is a close relative of Rehman Dakait and a nephew of gang war terrorists Sajid and Wajid. During interrogation, the suspect revealed that in the year 2019, he along with his accomplices, shot dead constable Farooq of Pak Colony police station, killed Imran alias Golawala and Abid alias Qabrustan.
The spokesperson claimed that Choto was wanted in these murder cases. The arrested terrorist along with his accomplices had opened fire on the opponents a few days ago and burnt their house.
According to the spokesperson, the accused receives extortion in Old Golimar and Lyari areas. The record of the accused was checked with other police stations which is consistent with the disclosures made by the suspect.
The CTD police handed over the accused to Pak Colony police for further action.
A youth received an electric shock in a house near Power House near Maripur truck stand. His family members rushed him to Civil Hospital where the doctors pronounced him dead.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Rehman, 18, received the electric shock while carrying out white wash in the house. The family members took the body without any legal action.
Bodies found
Bodies of two unidentified persons, who died in mysterious circumstances, were found from different parts of the city.
A man was found dead near Ahmad Raza Mosque in New Karachi area. Police d shifted the body to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital Separately, body of another man was found under Teen Hatti bridge and was also shifted to the ASH. Cause of death and identification of both the deceased could not be known. Bodies have been kept in Chhipa cold storage.
Coasters catch fire
A number of coasters, parked under Liaquatabad No 10 flyover, caught fire on Saturday morning. Police rushed to the scene and cordoned off the area. They immediately called the fire brigade who put off the flames in almost one and a half hour and saved 20 other vehicles parked under the flyover. No loss of human life was reported.
Published in The Express Tribune, November 7th, 2021.

Share This Post

Like This Post


Related Posts


    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Thanks for submitting your rating!
    Please give a rating.

    Thanks for submitting your comment!