Lost Password

Lawyer ‘thrashes’ mother in LHC for seeking custody of children


A woman and her mother, moving from pillar to post for four years to get custody of her minor children from her former husband, were badly thrashed by a lawyer from the opposite side in premises of the Lahore High Court (LHC) while security officials played the role of silent spectators.
It was learnt that Iqra and her mother Humaira Bibi approached the court of Justice Aalia Neelum where they had filed a petition against the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) over not complying with a court order.
The petition stated that the FIA was not complying to issue a red warrant and arresting Tahir Hussain who deceivingly had taken the minors abroad.
Read more: LHC orders inquiry against cops over illegal custody
According to details, after the divorce, the custody of the children Dawood and Duryab were handed over to Iqra and the then guardian court had ordered the ex-husband to meet the children in the premises of the court in 2017.
Tahir convinced the family of the minors to meet with the children in a hotel with complete assurance that nothing will happen. However, the former husband served the family intoxicated liquid owing to which they fell unconscious.
Tahir along with others had prepared all documents and then he along with minors left Pakistan for abroad.
Later, the FIA registered a first information report (FIR) against Tahir and his sister Faiza Perveen for abducting the children. Meanwhile, the guardian court issued the red warrant for the ex-husband and directed to arrest the accused. Since that day, the FIA did not comply with the court’s orders.
Also read: Couple exchange fire over custody of five-year-old child
After they filed a petition in the LHC for getting executed the implementation of the issuance of the red warrant’s order. But the lawyer from the opposite side was lingering on the matter one after another pretext.
On Friday, the lawyer of the respondent thrashed the mother and the daughter in the Lahore High Court’s premises. They then went to the court of Justice Aalia for getting justice but they were escorted out of the courtroom. An hour later, the police convinced them to leave the premises of LHC.
The family questioned that despite being the province’s top court, women were being beaten in a broad daylight and no one was ready to address their grievances.

Share This Post

Like This Post


Related Posts


    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Thanks for submitting your rating!
    Please give a rating.

    Thanks for submitting your comment!