Pakistan has strongly condemned the extra-judicial killing of three Kashmiris, including a 65-year-old man, in Uri sector along the LoC in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK).
“This is another example of India’s unabated state-terrorism being perpetrated against Kashmiris for decades,” a statement issued by the Foreign Office said on Friday.
The so-called “anti-infiltration” operation in Uri is the typical false flag operation by India that Pakistan has been warning the world about. “This is an old Indian ploy to malign Pakistan.”
The FO communiqué urged India to realise that “no amount of staged-managed mischief and a brutal clampdown on Kashmiris can suppress the freedom movement to achieve the right to self-determination nor would it mislead the world into accepting India’s desperate attempt to portray that as a victim of terrorism”.
Indian occupation forces have intensified extra-judicial killings of Kashmiris in so-called “cordon-and-search” operations. More than 100 Kashmiris have been martyred this year.
Also read: Pakistan rubbishes India’s claim of infiltrating ‘terrorists’ via LoC
Rampant human rights violations by India in IIOJK warrant an investigation by a United Nations Commission of Inquiry, as recommended by the OHCHR in its Kashmir reports of 2018 and 2019, the official statement added.
A day earlier, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi called upon members states of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to take concrete steps to resolve the long-standing Kashmir dispute, saying “Kashmiri people counted on the OIC and the Muslim Ummah more than ever”.
FM Qureshi, in his remarks during the breakfast meeting with members of the OIC Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir, urged the member countries to raise the issue at the relevant UN fora, including the General Assembly and the Human Rights Council.
- Raksha Bandhan Advance Booking Report: Akshay Kumar starrer sells 18,000 tickets for the opening day with a total collection of Rs. 35 lakhs :Bollywood Box Office
- Brutal assault by security guard leaves Karachi woman unconscious (VIDEO)
- Laal Singh Chaddha Advance Booking Report: Aamir Khan starrer sells 30,000 tickets for the opening day with a total collection of Rs. 75 lakhs :Bollywood Box Office
- India’s Neeraj Chopra cheers for Arshad Nadeem’s historic gold in Commonwealth Games
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest reshuffle