The ban on pedestrian movement from the Pak-Iran Taftan border was lifted on Sunday and Pakistani businessmen, students and truck drivers have been allowed to travel to Iran.
According to sources, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has also begun the regular immigration process at the Taftan border, allowing Pakistani citizens to enter Iran.
It is pertinent to mention that due to the increasing number of coronavirus cases, Iranian authorities banned Pakistani nationals from entering Iran on June 29.
However, during this period, the Pak-Iran transit trade was remained continued and the movement of Iranian citizens to Pakistan was also not disrupted.
Only Pakistani nationals were barred from entering Iran but that restriction has now been removed.
However, Pakistani nationals wishing to travel to Iran on pilgrimage or tourism visas are still barred from entering the neighbouring country.
- PM laptop scheme 2023 — A step-by-step guide
- Pakistan’s central bank foreign reserves fall by $102million to $4.09 billion
- Viral video clip captures ‘awkward encounter’ between CJP Bandial and Justice Isa
- Fresh jolt for Imran Khan as Pervez Khattak steps down as PTI KP president
- Pervez Khattak, Asad Qaiser ‘arrested’ as crackdown underway against PTI leaders