At least 10 terrorists including four commanders were killed in an Intelligence Based Operation (IBO) carried out by the security forces in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s South Waziristan district on reported presence of a militant hideout on Tuesday, the military said.
According to a statement issued by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the terrorists remained actively involved in planting IEDs, conducting fire raids and target killing of innocent civilians.
These terrorists were planning to conduct more acts of terrorism inside South Waziristan, it added.
“Security forces cordoned the hideout. During intense exchange of fire, 10 terrorists including 4 terrorist commanders were killed,” the military’s media wing said, adding that a large quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered from the hideout.
Also read: Seven soldiers martyred in South Waziristan IBO
“Pakistan Army is determined to root out the menace of terrorism from country at all costs.”
Earlier this month, at least seven soldiers of Pakistan Army embraced martyrdom during an intense exchange of fire with gunmen in the same tribal district bordering the Afghanistan border.
Five attackers were also killed in the operation carried out on the reported presence of armed men in the Asman Manza area, according to the ISPR.
- A Pakistani umpire who served on ICC’s elite panel now sells second-hand shoes in Lahore’s Landa
- Jugjugg Jeeyo Day 2 in overseas: Registers a superb growth on Day 2 in all the territories :Bollywood Box Office
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo Box Office Estimate Day 3: Sees another jump on Sunday; collects Rs. 15.30 crores :Bollywood Box Office
- Long road ahead to hammer out UN biodiversity blueprint
- Protesters at US Supreme Court decry abortion ruling